Well I'm happy to report that was not the case with Joe Fresh makeup (at least the stuff I tried thus far).
The first product I got is the Light Weight Foundation. I was actually in the market for a new tinted moisturizer, and while named "foundation" I felt this would probably fit the bill. And there was no harm in trying it - it's $6! The foundation comes in 9 colours - 3 for each category of Light/Medium/Dark.
Here are the pros:
- it goes on quite smoothly and it's easy to blend (but you gotta work fast as it sets to a almost powdery finish quickly)
- the price!!!!! amazing
- the coverage: I'm not kidding when I say this works better as an undereye concealer than any other concealer I have tried to date
- the mattifying power: this sets to a matte finish - and stays that way.
- the packaging is mediocre, and the product spills out easily if you dont hold it properly
- All 3 shades in "Light" range have pink undertones.
So overall it's a great product and worth looking into. I will definitely try a lot more from this line - it looks promising!
It's available at Fortinos/Loblaws in Canada.
You can also check it out online at www.joe.ca